Pre-Nuptial Agreements or "Prenups" can sometimes take the romance out of any relationship, but with an estimated one in three of all first marriages ending in divorce, and fifty percent of second and third marriages, it is best to be prepared.
A Pre-Nuptial Agreement is a contract between two people about to web that spells out how property would be divided in the event of death or divorce.
You should consider a Prenup if:
1. You have assets such as a home or returement fund
2. Own all or part of a business
3. You anticipate receiving an inheritance
4. Once of you have accumulated more wealth than the other
5. You have children or parents that need to be taken care of
6. You anticipate your own profession to be lucrative